Monday, July 11, 2011

Getting Back Into Savings! :-)

Hello everyone! It's been a while since I have posted. It seems like the last 2 weeks have been such a whirlwind of activity, mostly stuff you wish you didn't have to do! Unfortunately, while I enjoy my couponing, life goes on and we must deal with it!

So, I will post things a little backwards this week. I'll post Sunday's savings later. Today, I will post what I saved this morning. I went to Rite-Aid, Target and Food Lion for these savings. It just goes to show that you can save money without having double-coupons, for those who use that as an excuse! :-)

Here's a pic:

Click on the picture for a larger image!

For those who might be doing a double take, yes those are pillows included in my picture! I even had a coupon for that! :-)

So, how much do you think I paid for all this? Here's a list of what all I have here:

Target:
2 Room Essentials Pillows
2 Up & Up Pantiliners (yep, I bought those also!)
2 10-Pack Papermate Pens
2 2-Pack Sharpie Markers

Food Lion:

6 Marcal Small Steps Paper Towels

Rite-Aid:

1 Gallon of Milk
2 Airwick Odor Scent Starter Kits
1 Noxzema 6 ct. Razors

The total before coupons was $33.68. 

My total after coupons? That would be $4.18. That's a savings of 87.5%. Not bad for not having any double coupons! Just to give you an idea of how that happened here's a breakdown of it all. 

Target:
2 Room Essentials Pillows - $2.50 each
$2/1 Bed Pillow (Fieldcrest Luxury, Room Essentials or Target Home) Target Web Coupon x8/13
Paid $.50 for each pillow
2 Up & Up Pantiliners - $.89 each
*-.75/1 up & up™ Feminine Care Item ETS Target Web Coupon x8/13
Paid $.14 each
2 10-Pack Papermate Pens - $1.02
*-$1/1 Papermate Writing Utensil Item Target Web Coupon x7/19
Paid $.02 each
2 2-Pack Sharpie Markers - $1

-$1/1 Sharpie Permanent Marker Item Target Web Coupon x7/19
Paid nothing! FREE!
Food Lion:

6 Marcal Small Steps Paper Towels - $1
- (6) $1/1 Marcall Small Steps 
Paid nothing! FREE! (except tax!)

Rite-Aid:

1 Gallon of Milk - $3.49
2 Airwick Odor Scent Starter Kits - $9.99 (B1G1)
- (2) $4/1 Airwick Fresh Scent Compact
Paid $1.99 for both
1 Noxzema 6 ct. Razors - $2
- $2 coupon
Paid nothing! FREE!

So, there you have it!  A pretty good savings day! 

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Ken

1 comment:

  1. I need to get out there couponing but living out here in the middle of nowheresville LOL makes it hard...hoping this week I can stop into United & double some coupons :-)

    ReplyDelete