Saturday, July 16, 2011

CVS, Spur Of The Moment Deal, 7-16-11!

First off, what is the ulitmate way to end a date night? That's right, stop by the store and do some couponing! :-)

Seriously, Trina and I had a date night tonight and it was really nice to get away by ourselves for a bit. After a nice meal and a good conversation, we were ready to head home. Trina asked if there was anywhere I wanted to go and I said lets swing by CVS. My main goal was to just scan my card and see what kind of deals I could get from the kiosk.

So, we get there and I scan it and get a $10 off $50 coupon. We walked around for a moment and I told Trina that I thought I could work up a deal and use that $10 off $50 coupon. She just shrugged her shoulders and said "Here we go!" :-)

My first thought in making this work was to check out the Lumene products. I've been wanting to do this deal (buy $20 and get a $5 ECB) but wasn't sure what to buy, since I am not the one using it! I asked Trina about a couple of products and she thought that the wipes and the eye-makeup removing wash would be a good deal for the girls. I tried to figure a deal that would be as close as possible to the $20 needed to get my $5 ECB and then proceeded to go to the next step.

My next step was to do the $15 Garnier Fructis deal. I would get a $5 ECB when I purchased $15 of Garnier Fructis. They were on sale 3 for $10 so that meant I would have to buy 5 products. Once again I turned to Trina to pick out what they would use. I had 3 coupons for $1 off shampoo and 2 coupons for $1 off a styling product.

After the first two deals, I had about $38 or $39 toward my $50. I thought I would get the contact lens solution they had for $7.99 and get back a $7.99 ECB but they were out. Where could I find another deal? Then I noticed that they had already marked the Pantene products for the sale tomorrow. I could get 4 for $13.94 and use my 2 coupons for $3 off, making it a total of $6.94 and get back $2 in ECB.

This put me well over my $50 limit. Just for good measure Trina found a "WELCOME" mat by the checkout that was clearanced for $0.49. So, we proceeded to check out and see what I could do.

The order was rang up and the total was $56.95. I had reached my goal! I handed him the $10 off coupon from the kiosk and then handed him my other coupons (6 for $4 off Lumene, 5 for $1 off Garnier Fructis and 2 for $3/2 Pantene) I was only given credit for $2.88 on my 6th Lumene coupon as that was the total of that product. So, after coupons, my total was down to $13.07. I then handed him my $10 ECB I had earned earlier this week from a John Frieda deal.

My grand total was $3.07. He then put little money stickers on my ECBs ($5, $5 and $2) and gave me a free candy bar as well as pointing out that I could call the 1-800 number for a chance to win $1,000 cash!

So, needless to say, I was able to work out one of my most awesome deals in a while without any planning whatsoever. I just decided to do it!

What's even better is that my actual cost for all the items was $0.10! I had to pay $2.97 in taxes!

I'm still smiling about this one! :-)


1 comment:

  1. WOW!!!! You are GOOD!!! That is an awesome deal. I would be proud too :-)

    ReplyDelete