Sunday, May 15, 2011

My First Walgreens Trip

Today I took my first trip to shop at Walgreens since I started couponing.

I prepared by studying a couple of sites for the latest bargains. There are several great scenarios but I opted to try my luck with a scenario featuring some Gillette products.

Here's the deal I opted for:

3 Gillette Body Wash (sale 3 for $10)
3 Gillette Deodorants (sale, buy 1 get 1 for 50% off)
2 Sure deodorants (Walgreen's coupon for 2 for $3)

I used 3 $2 off coupons on the body wash, 3 buy 1 body wash and get the deodorant for free, and 2 $1 off Sure coupons.

Total before coupons - $30.79
Total after coupons -    $ 5.82
Total savings -              $24.97 or about an 80% savings!

Not bad for my first trip. Oh, and I still got a $3 Register Reward to use on my next purchase. Using that I could say I saved 90%! :-)

I plan on stopping by on my way to get Jessica so I will get a couple other deals then!

1 comment: