Monday, March 21, 2011

What Happened?

This past weekend we had a family game night on Saturday. It was pretty fun but there were some things that just weren't natural to me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed having everyone around the table playing Phase 10. I just miss the time when there weren't so many distractions.

Why is it that when you have family game night that everyone feels it is cool to bring all their toys with them? One daughter has headphones in and is jamming to her music while playing so you keep having to let her know it is her turn. The wife is text messaging or talking to someone on her cell phone. The other daughter is texting and listening to music!

Can't we put our toys away long enough to play a game? I guess if I had a laptop and brought it to the table and was blogging while playing then that would be acceptable also!

Am I just too old or a party pooper? I thought the whole purpose of "family time" was to put everything else aside and spend some time with your family.

Oh well, at least we were all gathered around the table at the same time! :-)

Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean...we are so connected electronically that we have forgotten how to connect in person anymore....it can be good, but I guess it has it's draw backs too...

    ReplyDelete