Sunday, February 20, 2011

It's Not My Fault!

I just wanted to take a moment and apologize to anyone I may have offended in my lifetime! I want you to know that I have never meant to hurt anyone!

I do have an excuse though! IT'S MY PARENT'S FAULT!!!!

That's right! I didn't choose to be born. They are the ones who chose to have me! I'm just trying to do the best I can with this life. There are no instruction booklets to tell me how I am supposed to treat everyone and even if there was one it wouldn't be correct.

OK, I know how crazy that sounds! The sad part about this is that I'm probably not the first person to say this!

I know I have made a lot of mistakes in my life. I've said things I shouldn't have, I've done things that I regret, and I am so far from being perfect (although I'm only 10 miles away from Perfection, NC! :-)

Tomorrow, I will probably offend someone else. Who knows, I'll probably pull into a parking spot that someone else had their eye on. I may take a little too long to decide upon a burger or a chicken nugget at Wendy's. It's a fact that, no matter how hard I try, I will continue to offend SOMEONE in my life.

Knowing this, I have to learn to live with it. When someone gets upset about something I say or do, I'll try my best to make sure they understand that I never meant it personally. I can't let it govern my life! I've had plenty of members of my family say and do things that have offended me but I don't hate them for that. I pray about it and ask God to help me to get over it! I have to just go on with life. It doesn't matter if it is my mother, my wife, my son or whoever it may be, I must go on!

Let's just all learn to live with each other. What is the point of holding a grudge? What is the point of bringing up past mistakes? We've all made them. We are all family and we just have to learn to love each other, no matter how annoying we might be! :-)

Love you all and wish you all the best!

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment