Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Another Humpday!

I'm just chilling out before heading to work in a couple of hours! I hope everyone is doing OK today!

There's not a lot on my mind today. Of course, the day is young so there will be plenty of drama soon. The one main thing that is on my mind today is that my daughter-in-law has posted on her Facebook that she is moving to Durham to be closer to the hospital. I'm glad for her because that will make it easier on both her and my grandson.

The one thing that displeases me about this is that now my chances of seeing my grandson will be very limited! Our relationship with our daughter-in-law hasn't been going well lately. That's what happens when the children are going through a divorce! That's life! It's just not a good time for it all! I understand that her and Joseph weren't able to make things work but I don't understand why that automatically means that Trina and I are no longer considered a part of our grandson's life.

It doesn't make sense!

All I can do right now is pray! I will continue to pray for my grandson. I will continue to pray for my daughter-in-law. I will continue to pray for me because I need to be wiser than ever before now! I've already said some things I shouldn't have but I love my grandson and I don't want him ripped out of my life now!

I know this might be something that would be considered personal but the simple fact is that divorce is really never a "Personal" thing. It is usually some really ugly public spectacle! I am of the opinion that if you are upfront with folks about what is going on in your life then they can better relate to your posts, your Facebook updates and your general attitude about life.

So, I am sorry if I have said something I shouldn't have but I am only speaking from my heart. The last few days have been so hard. Heck, the last month has been hard because I haven't seen my grandson and there doesn't seem to be any seeing him in the future also. :-(

So, there it is! I do covet your prayers. For my grandson, my son, my daughter-in-law and the rest of my family. It's hard enough to deal with Isaiah's cancer, but when you add this extra drama on then it becomes a little overwhelming!

I'll drop it at that! I'm sure I will be able to think of more later to post but I believe you get the gist of what I am trying to say today!

Until next time,

Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment